Everybody knows the legendary combination of foie gras and onion chutney. It's truly delectable.
But few people know of the gourmet relationship between cheese, cured meats, and chutneys.
If you want to produce a platter with a unique and delicious cheese selection as a main dish or as a cheeseboard after a meal, try adding some Didden chutneys.
A few examples:
- Fig chutney (or figs in port) with goat's cheese or blue cheese
- Pineapple and cardamom chutney with brie or camembert
- Fruits of the forest with Dutch cheese, Cheddar or Comté cheese
- Mango and ginger chutney with cream cheese or cottage cheese
For the cured meats platter:
- Apple, pear, and cinnamon with black or white pudding
- Raspberry and lychee with terrines or pâtés
As for the rest, create a selection of several types of bread, some good butter, a few excellent bottles of wine and then you can let your imagination and your sense of taste go to work on the marriage of flavours...