You are here
Meatballs à la liégeoise
- 1 jar of Didden onion chutney
- 8 meatballs
- 2 teaspoons of Sirop de Liège (fruit syrup)
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 bottles of dark beer (33 cl)
- 25 cl water
- 4 tablespoons of dried raisins, soaked in lukewarm water
- 2 cloves, 1 sprig of thyme and 1 laurel leaf
- 1 meat cube
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Pour 1 bottle of beer and all other ingredients except for the meatballs in a large pot.
- Leave to simmer for 20 min.
- Add the second bottle of beer and season with salt and pepper.
- If the sauce is too runny, add some starch.
- Leave to simmer a second time for 20 min.
- Add the meatballs and simmer for 20 to 30 min on low heat.
- Serve with French fries.
Enjoy your meal!