You are here
Rabbit with 1001 nights chutney
- 1 jointed rabbit (4 legs and the saddle)
- 16 scampi
- 15cl white whine
- 1 jar Didden 1001 Nights chutney (220g)
- 3 onions (red, if possible)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 1 jar of white stock or a stock cube
- 2 carrots
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- Thyme and rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the sliced onions in a large saucepan.
- Put them aside and brown the rabbit and scampi over high heat.
- Take them out of the pan, leaving the cooking juices in.
- Deglaze with 15cl of white wine. Gently heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the following ingredients:
- 1 jar of 1001 Nights chutney
- 200cl of white stock
- 6 slices of lemon
- The cinnamon stick and the star anise
- The chopped carrots
- The tomatoes, cut in two
- A sprig of thyme and rosemary
- The 4 rabbit legs.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 40 minutes.
- Or better still: put it for 3 – 4 hrs in a covered dish in the oven at 85°.
- Add the rabbit saddle and the scampi and cover again. Put it over moderate heat for another 15 minutes.
- Dress on a plate and serve with linguine al dente.
Enjoy your meal!