You are here
Veal tagliata with red kury squash chutney with Espelette
- 1 jar Didden Red Kury Squash chutney with Espelette
- 1 piece of veal of about 4 -6 cm thick – 600 g
- 50g hazelnuts
- 600g new potatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 55°.
- Coat the veal with olive oil and thyme, rosemary, sage, laurel,… according to taste. Don’t season with salt or pepper.
- Put the veal in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cut the potatoes in 4. Put them on a plate and drizzle generously with olive oil and thyme. Add the unpeeled garlic cloves from the head of garlic.
- Roast the hazelnuts for several minutes in a pre-heated pan, over moderate heat. Don’t add any fats and stir continuously. Let them cool by immediately putting them on a plate, to prevent them from roasting any further. Grind them coarsely using a pestle.
- Take the meat out after one hour. Increase the oven’s temperature to 200° in the grill position. As soon as the temperature has been reached, put the potatoes for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Preheat a pan over high heat. Add some olive oil and 2 tbsp. of Didden chutney. Place the meat in the pan and let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, so it gets a nice caramelized colour.
- Let it rest for 2 minutes and slice the meat into slices of about 5 mm.
- Put all your ingredients in a pan (tagliata, potatoes and garlic).
- Add some spoons of Didden Red Kury Squash chutney with Espelette.
- Season with olive oil, ground pepper and rock salt.
- Add a branch of thyme.
- Serve the warm tagliata immediately in the pan and share it with friends.
Enjoy your meal!