Last updated: 11 January 2021.
Who is collecting it?
Any personal data is provided to or by Didden is controlled by Didden S.A., Rue Auguste Van Zande 37, 1080 Brussels, Belgium.
What personal data is being collected?
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
You are not required to provide Didden the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or with a high quality of service or respond to any queries you may have.
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Personal data you gives us directly.
- We collect personal data you provide us when you sign up for a marketing newsletter, complete a survey or contact us via our website. In so doing, we may ask for personal data, such as your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number like when winning a survey.
- Personal data we collect automatically.
- Personal data we collect from other sources.
- We collect personal data from other sources including our trusted partnerships with third-parties and where we operate Didden accounts on third-party platforms: For example, when you use the “like” functionality on Facebook. Additionally, we receive information about you and other visitors’ interactions with our advertising to measure whether our advertising is relevant and successful.
If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in this way, please do not use the Didden Site or otherwise provide Didden with personal data.
If we discover that we have collected information without consent from a parent or guardian where such consent should have been obtained, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
Access to certain parts of the Didden Site and/or eligibility to receive prizes, samples or other rewards may be limited to users over a certain age. We may use your personal data to carry out age verification checks and enforce any such age restrictions.
What purpose do we use your data for?
We collect, process and disclose your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. For example, to assess and handle any complaints, to develop and improve our products, communication methods and the functionality of our websites, to provide personalised products, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you.
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- improve our products and your experience on the Didden Site.
- to process and answer your inquiries or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests.
- for the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered.
- to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so.
- to authenticate the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise.
- to provide you with products or services that you request from us.
When we collect and use your personal data for purposes mentioned above or for other purposes, we will inform you before or at the time of collection.
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We process your personal data to perform a contract to which you are or will be a party. For example, we need to process your personal data to deliver a product or a service you bought, to allow you to take part in one of our competitions, or to send you samples that you have requested.
We also process your personal data when we have a legal obligation to perform such processing. For example, a court order or a subpoena may require us to process personal data for a particular purpose, or we may be compelled to process personal data to report suspicious transactions under the local anti-money laundering rules.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Didden shares your personal data internally and with selected third-parties in the following circumstances:
- Other third-parties. Your personal data will also be used by us or shared with our sponsors, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third-parties in connection with marketing, promotional, data enrichment and other offers, as well as product information.
- Legal disclosure. We may transfer and disclose your personal data to third-parties:
- to comply with a legal obligation.
- when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it.
- at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation.
- to respond to an emergency.
- to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third-parties, visitors to our websites, Didden or the public.
Protection of your personal data
Didden takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in the latest Information Security Capabilities to protect the IT environments we leverage, and ensuring we encrypt, pseudonymise and anonymise personal data wherever possible.
Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third-parties.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you make a purchase online with us we will keep the data related to your purchase, so we can perform the specific contract you have entered and after that, we will keep the personal data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the purchase.
Your data may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty rewards which are due to you.
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for as little time as possible, after which we employ measures to permanently delete it.
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
- Right to be informed.
- You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
- Right to access and rectification.
- You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us.
- Right to data portability.
- The personal data you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
- Right to be forgotten.
- Under certain circumstances, you have right to request that we delete your data. If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
- Right to restrict processing.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
- Right to lode a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority.
- Right to withdrawn consent.
- If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data (i.e., we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us with the details provided below.
If you have questions, comments or concerns concerning your personal data, don't hesitate to contact us by using our contact form on the website.
To be able to process your request, please give us your name and contact details. We will process any request in maximum 30 days.
How do we keep this policy up to date?
Additional Privacy Policies