- 200 g cantuccini biscotti
- 4 oranges
- 50 g egg white
- 150 g sugar
- 50 g water
- Didden’s Orange Confit
- Using a sharp knife remove the peel and pith the oranges then cut into quarters.
- In a bowl, mix the oranges with 2 tablespoons of Orange Confit and keep to one side.
- Crumble the biscuits in a blender (or finely chop using a knife). Keep to one side.
- Arrange a layer of biscotti on the base of a deep plate and place the orange quarters on top.
Preparing the meringue:
- Put the sugar into a heavy saucepan, add the water and heat until it forms a syrup at 117 °C (do not allow it to caramelize).
- Beat the egg whites until they form fairly stiff peaks and add the syrup whilst it is still hot. Continue to beat until cool.
- Arrange the meringue on the deep plate next to the oranges and lightly brown with a blowtorch.
- Place the meringue on the plate first and brown under the grill until golden.
- Place the crushed biscuits and oranges next to it.
Enjoy your meal!