- 6 lamb chops
- 50 g of breadcrumbs
- 2 figs
- 1 potato
- Didden fig confit
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 egg
- Degrease and pare the chops.
- Make a lamb fond with the parures, the carrot, the onion and a bouquet garni (thyme and laurel) Brown the parures (the scraps) in a casserole and add the vegetables and the bouquet garni; Sprinkle with water.
- Brown the lamb chops, make an incision at the side and fill with fig confit; next, coat the chops with breadcrumb, the English way ("à l'anglaise").
- Peel the potato and cut it into a cylindrical shape. Cut it into thin slices and arrange the slices so as to obtain a galette; next, fry in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Next, make a purée with what's left over of the potato.
- Fry the lamb chops in a frying pan.
- Pass the fond, reduced to 3/4, through a chinois.
- Finish the sauce by adding the fig confit.
- Bake the figs in the oven with some butter and a little sugar for 4 minutes at 180 °C (make a crosswise incision on top of each fig).
- Place the fig in the middle, circle with the purée, add the galette and finally arrange the chops on the dish. Add some sauce.
Enjoy your meal!